Despite the fact that today people have access to many hygiene products, as well as means of processing food, no one is safe from infection with worms. These parasites can appear in the human body regardless of gender and age. Besides the fact that the awareness of the presence of parasites in your body is already unpleasant in itself, this phenomenon can also be accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms and diseases.
Unlike many other diseases, it is impossible to completely protect yourself from infection with worms with vaccinations or special preparations. However, there are a number of effective folk remedies that will help you not only cure the disease, but also prevent its occurrence in the future. These recipes have been developed through many years of experience, and their effectiveness has been proven over time. There are special recipes for very young children and the elderly.
What are worms?
In order to choose the right method of treating worms, you must first determine their species, which is possible only under laboratory conditions. So, if localization is taken as a criterion, then intestinal worms can be distinguished, as well as extra-intestinal parasites that can live and multiply in blood vessels, bile ducts and even in brain and lung tissue. It is also important to distinguish between biological species. So, worms can refer to roundworms, tapeworms, or fluke.
Worms can differ depending on the stage of the life cycle, they are divided into biohelminths, soil-transmitted helminths and contagious species.
- So, soil-transmitted helminths come in the form of eggs and are found in the soil. Without passing this step, the worms cannot enter the human body.
- Biohelminths appear after changing several intermediate hosts. So, before infecting a person, they can visit the body of animals.
- Contagious helminths are released into the external environment by the human body.
Symptoms of worm infestation
The time of the first symptoms of infection with worms can vary from several days to several months, depending on the type of parasite. The most common manifestation of the acute stage of helminthosis can be considered an allergic reaction. They appear in the form of rashes accompanied by itching. Their area is constantly increasing. In addition, there is swelling of the lymph nodes, as well as tissue edema and pain in the muscles and joints. Especially difficult cases may be accompanied by a severe cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, disturbed stools, nausea, an enlarged spleen, and even changes in the composition of the blood.
Helminthiasis can eventually develop into a chronic stage. Symptoms can vary depending on the organ affected by the worms. Most often, this problem affects the intestines. If the number of parasite individuals is insignificant, the disease may not show any symptoms. Problems arise only in the case of a large population or large size of the parasites. The main effect of helminths is precisely on the digestive system, which makes the processes of absorption of nutrients difficult, as well as the excretion of waste products from the body. As a result, immunity decreases and the work of all systems of the body is disturbed. When it comes to children, the symptoms of helminthosis can also spread to the nervous system.
Milk and garlic for worms
This recipe may be the best for kids. Usually 3 to 4 days of treatment are enough for the worms to go away. During this time, it is recommended to give the child a glass of milk every day, in which there are three crushed cloves of garlic. Garlic plays the main role here, and milk only removes the unpleasant bitterness. Before going to bed, be sure to do garlic enemas.
There are several recipes for preparing an enema solution.
- The easiest way is to chop the garlic (1 clove), put it in a glass of water or milk and boil it for 5 minutes. Then the liquid must be filtered.
- Another option is to boil the head of garlic in a glass of milk until tender. Once the milk has cooled, strain it and do an enema. For adults, you can use the entire volume, and for children, half a glass (70-100 ml) is enough. It is important that after the administration of the enema, it is maintained as long as possible. An enema will help get rid of pinworms.
- To enhance the effect of the enema, you can take other garlic products at the same time. So, it is useful to drink a small amount of milk with the addition of 15 drops of garlic juice three times a day on an empty stomach.
- It is also useful to eat 10 cloves of garlic at a time, drizzled with cooked milk. You need to give the garlic a few hours for it to work on the gastrointestinal tract, after which they take a laxative. It is one of the most effective means of curing worms, which was used by ancient healers.
Garlic is a miracle cure that is used to treat almost all illnesses. When it comes to worms, it may be difficult to find a more effective remedy. And garlic will be especially effective if taken as a tincture. To prepare it you will need 5 cloves of garlic and a glass of milk.
First, pass the garlic through a press or a grill to make a porridge. Pour the resulting mixture with the milk and boil for about 15 minutes. After removing the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid and let the broth infuse for a few hours. The product obtained can be used both in the form of a drink and in the form of an enema.
The course of taking tincture of garlic is one week. At the same time, you need to drink 4 glasses every day (you can prepare the tincture at once for the whole day, proportionally increasing the amount of ingredients). If you decide to get treated with enemas, you will also need a glass of tincture (half the norm will be enough for a child). It is best to perform the procedure before going to bed for a week.
Treatment of worms with pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a fairly effective remedy for helminthosis, and the treatment brings much less discomfort than garlic treatments. So the seeds work well in combination with castor oil. For three days you need to eat 25 unpeeled pumpkin seeds in 4 doses. Try to chew them as completely as possible. After an hour, you need to drink a teaspoon of castor oil. The duration of treatment is three days.
For the next recipe, you need to grind in a coffee grinder or grind in a mortar 300 grams of pre-peeled pumpkin seeds. Dilute the resulting powder with water until the mass resembles sour cream in density. At the end of cooking, add a tablespoon of honey. Please note that for a teenager the amount of the drug is reduced by half, and for the treatment of a small child one-sixth of the adult norm is enough. In the morning on an empty stomach you need to eat the resulting mass. In order for the effect of the drug on the body to be consistent, try to prolong this process for a whole hour, slowly chewing each portion (it will not be difficult, since the seed mass with honey will taste quite pleasant). After three hours, you need to drink a laxative or do an enema. This method allows you to solve the problem of worms in exactly one day.
As in most cases, worms parasitize in the intestines, it is entirely appropriate to apply local treatments such as enemas. Usually, enemas are given at night. And even if you take some oral medications, you can hardly do without this procedure.
The most effective is a garlic enema. Chop 5 garlic cloves well, pour half a glass of water over it and boil the resulting mass. When the broth cools, strain it and start the procedure. Remember that the solution for such an enema should not be completely cold. Better to match your body temperature.
In the fight against worms, tansy shows great effectiveness. So, for a glass of boiling water you will need 20 grams of dry herb. In half an hour the infusion will be completely ready and it will be enough to strain it. As in the previous case, the product should be slightly hot. Warning! It should be remembered that procedures with tansy should not be performed by pregnant and lactating women!
Since parasites cannot tolerate an alkaline environment, it is quite possible to use baking soda for enemas. Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and heat the resulting solution slightly on the stove to 38-42 ºC. For children, this amount will be more than enough. And when it comes to treating adults, it is better to prepare two glasses of solution for one procedure.
Herbal remedies are the fundamental basis of traditional medicine, and therefore cannot be dispensed with in the treatment of worms. In addition to the fact that herbal remedies are very effective, the procedures with them are quite gentle, and the treatment does not bring significant discomfort.
- Quite often, bitter wormwood is used in the treatment of worms. To prepare the infusion, you need to pour a glass of boiling water over a tablespoon with a blade of dry grass. The signal that the medicine is ready will be the grass that settles to the bottom and the liquid itself will turn brown. The broth should be filtered. Shortly before meals (three times a day) drink half a glass of this medicine.
- The infusion of tansy is prepared in a similar way, but the preparation time is increased to 4 hours. Also, since tansy is a poisonous herb, you cannot drink more than a tablespoon of the medicine at a time. There should be 4 of these techniques throughout the day. You can also make enemas with tansy, the recipe for which we gave above.
- If you are not sure whether you can properly prepare an infusion or decoction, try mixing it dry. So, grind the flax seeds, cloves and dried wormwood in equal proportions in a coffee grinder. After each meal, you need to take half a teaspoon of the resulting powder.
- The gentle way to get rid of worms is to take 200ml of fresh carrot juice every morning. (preferably on an empty stomach). A decoction of dried pomegranate peel, as well as chamomile tea, helps well.
Pumpkin seed oil
Pumpkin seed oil is used to eliminate large parasites from the body. It effectively fights even roundworms and roundworms. Treatment lasts three days, during which three times a day (naturally, on an empty stomach) they drink a teaspoon of the drug. It is allowed to eat only after half an hour. It is also recommended to put oil enemas at night in a volume of up to 50 ml.
In order not to bring up the herbs yourself, you can buy ready-made preparations and herbal teas at the pharmacy, which are specially designed to remove parasites from the body. Thus, the tea of the monastery is very popular. In addition, almost every pharmaceutical company has its own collection of antiparasitics. Their composition is approximately the same, but the proportions of some medicinal plants can differ significantly.
Is it possible to get infected with animal worms
Of course, there is a huge risk of infection with worms through contact with cats and dogs, as they are the main carriers of these parasites. However, you will not get sick if you follow basic hygiene practices. It suffices each time, after having stroked the animal, or touched certain objects (dishes, toilets, animal toys), to wash your hands well.
If you touched your lips with dirty fingers or ate something, then, most likely, the infection cannot be avoided. Also, keep some distance from animals. Even if you love your pet very much, it is better not to kiss it, because it is in the saliva and hair of animals that the parasitic larvae are contained. Care should be taken even if your pet does not go out.
How do the worms come out?
Worms can come out not only through an anus, but also with vomit. Plus, they won't necessarily be dead.
Helmentose is quite treatable. At the same time, if you do not trust pharmaceutical drugs, you have a huge selection of proven and effective folk remedies. Be patient and heal consistently. Once you get rid of the parasites, your well-being will improve dramatically.